Thursday, January 13, 2005

Doldrums

I seem to have hit a no-motivation iceberg, and my enthusiasm is sinking faster than the Titanic (ok, so the Titanic didn't sink really quick, but you get the gist). Now that I've gotten everything up and running to routine, I just can't motivate myself for some reason. I feel I should be doing something, like working to increase my Javascript skills, Perl or something, but I can't summon up enough motivation to enact it. Instead I find busy work to do, like organizing the information for the databasers, or making little tweaks to what I'm doing, just to adjust, not to improve.

On an aside, acheived a minor victory yesterday. My little group's boss wanted me to go back up to where they are to fly out to our meeting point where all of us Europe division guys would catch our charter back to the UK. I told him that was stupid, as I can catch a flight from here to the meeting point as easy, if not easier, than they can get a flight from there, plus it gives me an extra couple of days to finish up my handover with the guy who is going to replace me. He conceded the point.

Tea Jerk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home