Friday, January 07, 2005

Am I going to Purgatory???

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I was made privvy to an e-mail a couple of days ago, which says that the head office has acknowledged, in principle, that continuing to have the European division work past the time originally agreed on this project would put us too far behind schedule, is not cost effective, etc, etc. Now we have to wait for official word that we are terminating our support when we were supposed to, and I can leave this area and get back to my beloved green and pleasant land! Best news I have had for months.

On another note, my performance review, which drives any promotion chances I may get, is coming up. I've had the guy I'm working for here write up a letter to send to my supervisor back in England. He said some very flattering things about me, even said that if I was no longer wanted in Europe, they would take me in. This from some very highly talented contractors. Its good to get reassurance that you are doing good and worthwhile work, especially from guys as good as I'm working for at the moment.

Tea Jerk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home